Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Stuck

I don't think I have picked up a book in weeks. Well, that's not entirely true. I have picked them up. I have even read a couple of pages. Then I put them back down.

(The previous sentence was written on 10/09/09, then, I sent this post to my draft folder. The following is a continuation of that.)

OK, so I did read one book in October. It was The Gatecrasher by Madeleine Wickham. I don't know if it was just a so-so book or a casualty of my reading slump. At least I did finish it.

In other news, I am still picking up books and putting them back down. It all started with Julie and Julia. I started reading it and I just really never got into it. I did get about halfway through and I just put it down and gave up for a while. Then I could just not get into anything else. I don't know if I need to go back and force myself to finish so I can enjoy reading again or just give up and let my desire to read come back naturally.

I have been reading some of the huge pile of magazines that I have. I am letting all subscriptions expire and then will only resubscribe if I get a really good deal on a magazine that I know I love.

Also, I think the DVR may have a detrimental effect on my reading as well. Now that I can automatically record every soap and reality show that I might like I spend a lot of time catching up. Maybe I need to cancel some shows from recording and spend that time doing something more productive.

No comments: