Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What I'm Reading - July

This is my post for 5 Minutes for Books' monthy What's on Your Nightstand carnival.


I have spoken here about my magazine problem before.  I get an offer I can't refuse and so I have to subscribe to the magazine.  They arrive at my house and are promptly put into a nightstand drawer and sit there until I can't close the drawer any more.  So begins the marathon of magazine reading at which point I decide that I subscribe to too many magazines and vow to let the subscriptions run out.  Then the offers come in the mail and the viscous cycle continues.

Anyway,  the drawer is full once more so I took the mags all out to put them in chronological order because not only do I hoard them, I am a little OCD about reading them in the order in which they are received.  At the time of this post, I have 24 various mags longing to be read.  The oldest one is from July 09 and the newest one came in the mail yesterday. 

In no particular order there are:
  • Good Housekeeping
  • Ladies Home Journal
  • Redbook
  • Woman's Day
  • National Geographic
  • Guideposts
Wish me luck on getting the drawer cleaned out and ready for the next marathon!!

8 comments:

Amy said...

I am a big fan of reading magazines too.

Unknown said...

This may be our first all-magazine post.

That's awesome.

I have canceled most magazines I was getting for that exact reason. They just sit there, although I do love sitting down to read them. I just never do.

Jennifer--5minutesforbooks.com

Anonymous said...

I subscribe to a few magazines also but have luckily pared it down quite a bit since I never seem to have time to read them!

bekahcubed said...

Oh my! That sounds like quite a reading predicament!

I've found that blogs have largely supplanted the magazine-reading desires I might have had--although I still miss the olden days of big, thick, printed catalogs. Browsing an online store just isn't as fun for me as tucking in with a blanket and a good "dream book"!

TheBookGirl said...

I can relate to your post...just this morning I went thru the stack of magazines on my nighstand, and found I was behind by three months on one of my subscriptions :)

morninglight mama said...

I love this! My husband has a National Geographic subscription, and I really enjoy those articles. Happy summer reading!
-Dawn, 5minutesforbooks.com

Upstatemamma said...

Ha ha ha!!! This is great!!! I stopped getting magazines because they irritate my husband when I have them around the house.

Tina said...

Actually this is the pared down pile. I used to get several more and I let them go. That is the last National Geographic. I let that one go too. Most of the other expire early next year and I swear I'm not renewing them ;)