Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Never Say Never

Never Say Never Never Say Never  by Lisa Wingate

From the back cover:  Kai Miller floats through life like driftwood tossed by waves.  She's never put down roots -- and she doesn't plan to.  But when a chaotic hurricane evacuation lands her in Daily, Texas, she begins to think twice about her wayfaring existence.  And when she meets hometown-boy Kemp Eldridge, she can almost picture settling down in Daily -- until she discovers he may be promised to someone else.

Daily has always been a welcoming place of refuge for those the wind blows in. but for Kai, it looks like it will be just another place to leave behind.  Then again, Daily always has a few surprises in store -- especially when Aunt Donetta Bradford has cooked up a scheme.

This is the third book in the Daily, Texas series by Lisa Wingate.  Each book stands alone but does have some cross-over characters.  This is the first one I have read and I really enjoyed it.  Each chapter alternates between Kai's and Donetta's point of view.  After the first couple of chapters, I had a hard time putting the book down.  I do have to say that although the story came to an end, it did leave me wanting to know more about a couple of the characters.  I hope that there are future books in this series that will answer some of my questions.

*The fine print:  I do have an Amazon Associates link on this page.  If you purchase anything from a link you click on, I will earn a few cents.  I do not earn anything if you only click through to read about the book.

No comments: