Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Broken

Last weekend we were two hours away from home visiting my parents. We had picked up my 5 year old granddaughter on the way there. A couple of hours into the visit I decided I needed my camera out of the truck. I walked out to the passenger door to get the camera and saw that the bag I needed was way on the other side. Being the lazy person that I am, I closed the door to walk around rather than climb over. I started to walk around the truck and about the time I got to the back tailgate, I heard an enormous crash. It took a few seconds for the realization to hit that the back window of our 2007 Chevy Silverado had shattered and fallen out.

I went into the house to wake my napping husband and he and my dad came out to inspect the damage. It was apparent that the window had blown outward and nothing had hit it.




After I took several pictures for documentation, hubby broke the rest of the glass out and we taped plastic over the window and drove home.
We took the truck back to the dealer and left it. The next day hubby called and was told that they couldn't figure out what had happened so basically they were doing nothing. Later in the day they heard from another dealer that this wasn't the first time this had happened and they finally replaced the window under warranty. There is no recall on this glass. Luckily my granddaughter was not in the back seat of the truck when the glass broke. I just hope no one gets hurt when this happens to someone else.

1 comment:

Mary Alice said...

Yikes. That had to give you a start.